Monday, September 29, 2008

Random Details

We're moved in and are loving life up in the mountains. Yesterday, I saw a bobcat while walking Cairo behind our house. I saw another one today as I was driving back from my run. Totally gorgeous animal. I wish I had had a camera with me. The following pics are just some random details of the house and our drive.
This is the beginning of Magnolia Drive (roughly 4 miles out of Boulder?). The photo doesn't quite do it justice. It is quite steep and for me, in my Subaru, it is 1st gear through this section.After about 5 miles, the road levels out and turns to dirt (finally get to shift out of 2nd!). There are often animals in this meadow (deer, elk, horse or cow). Our house is about a mile and half further along the road.


This is the room over our garage. It is our office. I'm hoping we can convert a little bit into a climbing wall someday.
This is the door from the garage into the house. It opens into our mudroom. Here you see the bench and cubbies. This room has our pantry in the middle of it, so you can actually walk a circle in it. On one wall we have hooks for our jackets, one wall will someday hold a doggie shower and next to the pantry door is our wine rack/bookshelf.Kitchen/eating area:
You can barely make out the wine rack/bookshelf in the left side of this picture.

Pendants. Color is a little off; they are actually blue and yellow.
My cool, hidden spice racks which pull out from either side of the stove!
Living area. This is part of a big open room with kitchen/eating area.Master Bedroom:Master Bath:

No comments: