We've been busy as usual. Birthday parties, family visits, anniversaries, and trying to stay cool in this Colorado summer heat.
 |
| Crawling through the tunnel at Emerson's Birthday Party |
 |
| Logan, Keira and Emerson |
 |
| Hazel's Birthday Party...phew it was hot! |
 |
| Mountain morning on the deck |
Our sister-in-law, Mary, came to visit!! Woo hoo! We had so much fun. She helped her sister, Alison, move out to Denver. They came up to Magnolia one day. I didn't warn them about the drive up, but they made it with no problem. We played at the house, hiked to Turtle Rock and enjoyed dinner in Nederland at the Smokehouse. We were thrilled they made the trek up into the mountains.
 |
| Aunt Mary and Logan |
The next night we went down to Denver to Tori's apartment. Remarkably, everyone was there. It usually takes us months of planning to get the whole family together. I was proud of everyone for being so spontaneous. Of course, we didn't do a group photo. doh!
On Mary's last day here we went down to Pearl Street. Logan had a great time with his aunties. He really took to them well. I enjoyed getting to spend so much time with Mary and Alison. I don't know that we've ever gotten to do so much together. Hope that we can do it again soon!
 |
| Lunch at The Med |
 |
| Beers and Sippy Cups at the Mountain Sun! |
On July 3rd, Brian and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary! My how time flies. My stepmom, Cathy, came up to stay with Logan while we went rock climbing. We got a few pitches in at Castle Rock and then had lunch in Nederland. We're very fortunate to have each other and are both glad we married the right person.
 |
| Self Portrait at Castle Rock |
 |
| Logan and Emerson on July 4th |
Not much new to report, really.... Eden and I have been getting out for the "First Light Trail Series". Translation: 5am trail runs together on the trails near our house. I'm training for a couple of trail races in September plus it is good for our relationship to go have some fun. So far, I haven't seen any critters, but I'm pretty sure she caught a bear by surprise on Saturday. As I turned the corner on the trail, I heard a large growl behind me. Eden came leaping out of the bushes at quite a pace. Shiway and Dave, I'm sure you're not surprised... I'm still bear bait!
Brian has been working a ton - both job work and tree work at our house. I'm hoping he gets out climbing soon. He deserves a break and some time for fun.
1 comment:
BEAR BAIT McMahon!!!!!!! Glad you have Eden with you on those early morning runs. Although, Emma wasn't very helpful on that hike we did, bringing that sow back TO US. Miss you guys!
Post a Comment