Sunday, October 31, 2010

Logan's First Halloween!

Brian and I are pretty good at celebrating.  We try to regularly celebrate each other, our life, our friends and our family.  We certainly celebrate returning to the ground after a day of climbing...with a cold beer and a nod to whatever forces helped us return safely.  Calendar holidays, however, we tend to neglect.  Now, with Logan, I have a back of the mind feeling that we should try to participate in these as well.  Thankfully, we have the Hebelers (Jess, Jeff and Emerson) to help guide us in this quest.

Last weekend, the Hebelers invited us to go to the pumpkin patch. It was a crazy, huge operation. Multiple pumpkin patches, corn maze, hay rides, food, lots of people. We opted to take some photos in one of the pumpkin patches and go get beers as it was quite windy.


Jeff, Jess, Emerson, Logan, Keira, Brian and Eden
Emerson and Logan holding hands
This weekend, Jess provided Logan's first halloween costume, a dalmatian, which seemed appropriate for this dog-lovin' family.  We all went down to Pearl Street for the Munchkin Masquerade (lots of kids and people trick-or-treating at businesses).
One Dalmatian and, gulp, Cruella de Vill?
Uncle Kevin, Brian's brother, came to visit this weekend.  This was the first time that he has met Logan.  I think he was smitten.  He was a big help watching Logan so that Brian and I could run and boulder a little bit. Kevin is great with kiddos.  I think he and Logan will have fun together as Logan grows older.
Logan with Uncle Kevin
Chiquita Banana (Emerson) and Dalmatian (Logan)
Thanks for the good times, Hebelers and Uncle Kevin!

No comments: