Friday, May 20, 2011

Birthday Boy!

Logan  -  05/20/2010
Today is the day!  Little Man's Birthday.  My friend, Jessica, still had a text that Brian sent as I labored with Logan.  She forwarded it to me today which was fun - "They broke it a few hours ago.  Real contractions now.  Looks like a real fun time!".  And also the photo he sent out shortly after Logan was born.

Just after the birthday morning nap...

Birthday King
Birthday Silliness
We met Jessica and Emerson for lunch at Wahoo's Fish Tacos.  And, then we went next door to Starbuck's for coffee and a bite of dessert.  Someone had to eat a birthday treat today!
Logan and Emerson

We ended the day at the Upslope Brewery for happy hour.  Our friend's band, the Wolftongues, was playing.  Turns out we know 3 of the 4 people in the band.  They play bluegrass and old country tunes.  It was super fun!  Logan told me that it was just what he wanted to do to celebrate.  How lucky that we (his old parents) had a good time, too.
Emerson with her noise cancelling headphones
I'm very fortunate to have such a wonderful son.  His smile and laugh are infectious.  His curiosity admirable.  His calm, chill demeanor a good reminder to not sweat the small stuff.  Each day is more and more fun.  I hope that we're able to share some fun adventures in our lifetime.  I'm sure we will.