We recently went to a pumpkin patch with the Hebeler's and our friends, Jim and Mia. It was a beautiful afternoon. The pumpkins were pretty picked through, unfortunately. Nice to be outside though and afterwards we went to Lucky Pie for pizza. My younger brother works there and it is a hip pizza place in Louisville. Boy has that town changed since we moved!
 |
| Pumpkin pickin' |
 |
| Emerson, Logan and Mia |
 |
| Mia, Jim, Brian, Eden, Jessica, Jeff |
 |
| Brian and Logan petting sheep |
Last Monday morning, Logan and I carved our pumpkins into jack-o-lanterns. Logan was not that interested in the guts of the pumpkin (too messy, maybe?). He was, however, interested in putting the cut-outs back into the pumpkin and taking the lid on and off. If you've spent any time with Logan, this will not surprise you. He frequently asks for the sponge to wipe up spills and loves putting things into jars/boxes/anything and taking them back out. Unfortunately, the pumpkins rotted within a couple of days. Not sure if that is because I left them inside or they were past their prime when we picked them. Reminded me of when I was a kid and insisted on keeping our jack-o-lanterns until they were practically puddles on our hearth. I think we had them until almost Thanksgiving that year. Ick!!
 |
| Stirring the bowl of pumpkin guts |
 |
| Helping to scrape the lid |
No comments:
Post a Comment