Ahhh.... Springtime in the Rockies. Sun, wind, cold, heat and snow (snow last night, in fact). I'd love to say busy and slow times, too. But the reality is that we're always busy. Or, that's my perception anyway. The good news is that our full life is fun and satisfying. My challenge is the loss of spontaneity and having to plan far in advance just to catch up with someone. So it goes.
A couple weeks ago, I received the unfortunate news that my grandmother passed. She lived a long, good life and died gracefully on her terms. No surprise there. Mimi was a strong woman and great role model. I wish I had spent more time getting to know her as an adult. Alas, I'm left with many fond memories and an example of grace and strength to live up to. Logan and I were fortunate to get to Pittsburgh to attend her memorial and spend time with family (thanks, Dad!). So glad we were able to be there.
 |
| Logan exploring Mimi's beautiful yard |
 |
| Logan and his Great Uncle Clay |
While we were in Pittsburgh, most of the family (17 of us!!) went to a Pirates game at PNC Park. This was Logan's first baseball game and what an appropriate group to go with (as most of them are big baseball fans). They were playing the Rockies, so half the family was decked in Pirates gear and the other half in Rockies gear. It's fun going to a game with people that know about the players, the history and have a real love of the game. It's a bit infectious, I have to admit.
 |
| Logan outside PNC Park |
 |
A little Stevie Wonder action Uncle Seth told me the sun never sets when you're cool. |
 |
| Beautiful location in downtown Pittsburgh |
 |
| Uncle Seth and Aunt Mary |
When we got home from the 'Burgh, Brian's parents were here. We had a nice, long visit with them. Logan got to see them the most as Brian and I were working and then went to Utah for two days!! We had left Logan for 24 hours before, but this was the longest I have been away from him. I knew he was in good hands, so thankfully, I wasn't worried about that. I missed him for sure but it was great to have some alone time with Brian. The weather was perfect - 70 and sunny. Clear, super starry nights. Perfect for sleeping outside!
We tried to find a new climb on Saturday, but didn't actually get to the tower. We saw the tower but couldn't find a reasonable way to get there. So, we wandered around Hell Roaring Canyon most of the day. No one else was there which is getting tougher to experience in the Moab area. A real treat.
 |
| Brian and Eden |
 |
| Keira and Eden |
Have I mentioned how good Eden has turned out to be? She's a real sweetie.
Saturday night we went to a camping area we had been before. We planned to climb our favorite tower in the desert - Moses in Taylor Canyon - on Sunday. We've stood on top together at least 4 times previously. Including the week after we found out we were pregnant with Logan (at the time named Sweet Pea).
 |
| Moses is the tallest tower here |
 |
Following Brian on the Dunn Route. What I do best. |
 |
| Looking out from the belay cave. |
 |
| Looking up the cave to the climbing ahead |
 |
Brian reading the summit register
|
We left a note to Sweet Pea in the summit register in October 2009. Fortunately, it was still there so we could take a photo of it!! On a side note, an old climbing partner of Brian's found out we were having a baby when he climbed it a few weeks after us in 2009.
 |
| Our note to Sweet Pea |
 |
| Summit Photo! |
This past Friday, Logan and I joined some friends at Sunflower Farm in Longmont. This is a working farm that opens up there doors for kiddos to explore. It's nice.
 |
| Checking out the peacock |
There were several turkeys wandering around. Logan was very interested in them and would let them get quite close. He really studied their faces and reached out to touch their feathers.
 |
| Logan and the Turkey |
 |
| Feeding the goats |
 |
| Hay bale maze |
 |
| Driving the tractor |
 |
| Tire swing with Jayden |
No comments:
Post a Comment