Logan and I journeyed to Ohio a few weeks ago. I love our mama-son trips. He's a great travel partner. I think it has been about 4 years since I was in Ohio in the summertime. After I purchased plane tickets for this summer, I had visions of 90 degree temps and 9000% humidity. I seriously questioned my decision but it coincided nicely with Marisa's (our nanny) time off and we'd be able to play outside which I knew would be fun. And, the weather surprised me! It was really nice.
Our plane was delayed a little leaving Denver:
 |
| Waiting to board |
Logan finally fell asleep while the plane was descending to land! Holla for a 10 minute nap!
 |
| Logan's 10 minute power nap |
My mom has been "working" on building a dollhouse for, well, a long time. I put working in quotes because she started it, put it away for probably 30 years and recently got it out and finished it. It is amazing. She even made some of the very tiny stuff that goes inside - like carrots and bunches of cauliflower. Logan had a blast playing with it. He'd put the baby to bed, cook for it and feed it. He loved taking things out of the house and putting them back in.
 |
| Gram and Logan playing with dollhouse |
My good friend, Shannon, whom I've known since 2nd grade lives in the area. We always get a quick visit together while I'm in town. So nice to hang out with someone who has known you for so long. She has two amazing boys and is doing really well. We got to do a little swimming and have lunch.
 |
| Shannon and Austin |
 |
| Logan and Jake |
 |
| Mmmm... popsicle |
In downtown Columbus, there is a little park that had jumpy castles and a small carousel and these fun, life-size foam tinker toys.
 |
| Gram and Logan on the carousel |
One afternoon, we walked up to Starbucks to get a coffee and a snack. Here are Gram and Logan walking to the playground on our way home.
 |
| Running in Gram's yard |
My mom's neighbor, Margaret Ann, joined us for dinner one night. Her boys used to babysit my brother and me and I've known her since I was three. It was great to catch up and hear about her life and her family.
 |
| Aunt Mary, Margaret Ann and Gram |
We went to the Columbus Zoo. It is huge and really nice. It was pretty hot, so most of the animals we saw were sleeping.
 |
| Aunt Mary and Logan watching a tiger roar. |
 |
| wrestling the baby warthog statue |
Uncle Seth works for Elevator Brewery in Columbus. Here he's teaching Logan how it works. They have awesome beers. I think my favorite is the Three Frogs IPA. Try it if you get a chance!
 |
| Uncle Seth and Logan |
 |
| Put the mash in here... |
 |
| Reading with Aunt Mary! |
Seth and Mary have a new pup. Samson! Logan's cousin!! He's awesome. We're thinking of setting up a time share. They get Logan and we get Samson. Not sure if they'd give Logan back, though! Not sure I'd want to give Samson back either.
 |
Logan, Me, Seth, Samson and Mary.
Love this picture!! |
My mom has held onto so many toys from when Seth and I were kids. I can admit that for a long time, I thought it was a ridiculous habit. But, now that we have Logan, it is so fun to watch him play with the same things that Seth and I did so many years ago. This was Seth's fire truck originally. It has pedals in it and the wheels turn. It is sort of like a recumbent bike. Logan's legs weren't quite long enough to reach the pedals yet, but he sure had fun ringing the bell and pretending to get the hose out and stand up the ladders.
 |
| Fireman Logan |
It is my recollection that I was playing with this fire truck the winter I put a robin's egg in my pocket for safe keeping. Many snow angels and rolling around later, I ran to the door crying, "mommy, mommy, I smell like the zoo!"
Anyway...that was our trip to Columbus. Lots of playing and laughing and running around. Thanks for a great visit!
No comments:
Post a Comment