Friday, August 31, 2012

Pool Party

We went to the Spruce Pool today for a birthday party for Logan's friend, Cassin.  It was a gorgeous morning.  It is hard to believe that the pools will be closing this weekend.  I think they could safely stay open for a few more weeks.  It always seems to be hot in September.  Or, it could snow.  Which is probably why they stick to the traditional closing on Labor Day in addition to the fact that most kids are back in school.

Logan has previously not been interested in the water but today he was.  He was putting his feet, arms and face into the fountains; even starting to run in and out of them.  And, then he asked to get in the pool.  It was really fun.  Unfortunately, he was ready to get in shortly before we had to leave.  As if I needed one (ok, maybe I did), this was a great reminder/example that this kid comes around to things on his own time and his own terms.





No comments: