Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Well, I'm hoping that my lack of advanced planning for Christmas does not put a damper on Logan's Christmas/Santa spirit.  I had good intentions - was going to get a Santa hat, dirty it up and leave it near the tree.  Then we'd have to mail it back to him.  Totally forgot to put out cookies and a note for Santa when he fell asleep on the drive home from our Christmas Eve with friends.  And, therefore Santa did not leave a note for him either.  Oh man.  I'm awful.  At any rate, our stockings were full and there were loads of presents under the tree on Christmas morning.  Thank you Santas everywhere!

I shut the gate at the top of the stairs and our open bedroom door is at the bottom of the stairs.  At 6 am, the hall light when on and then off. Repeat a couple of times.  I walked up the stairs and he said, "our stockings!  Santa!"  (The stockings hang on our stair railing as they'd melt if we put them over our fireplace).  Brian, hoping for a little more shut-eye, suggested he come into bed with us.  He did but no one had any more sleep.  Logan was being really funny in bed.

At the tree he didn't give the "oh my" expression I was expecting.  Instead, he seemed to be checking the pile of presents methodically as if he was devising a plan.  It was fun.  He wanted to read the books/play with the presents as we opened them rather than tearing through each one immediately.  We were excited that he got a headlamp, skis, boots and a climbing harness (such Boulderites, my word!) but he didn't really share our enthusiasm.  He was excited about an Elmo lunchbox, a train set and a broom.

We spent the afternoon with my Dad, Cathy, Dylan and Jo.  Tori had to work.  It was a relaxed afternoon and an exhausting day overall.
Excited to go downstairs!

Fun opening gifts

Hmm...how does this game work?

Here's another one, guys!

Helping Papa put the wagon together

Playing with train and "train hat"
Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and has a healthy, happy 2013!

No comments: